Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do I change my resolution to 1080?

I have a samsung LCD tv and when you switch the mode from the cable tv to the video input where the ps3 is plugged into, there is a display on the top left that tells you what resolution it is. So, I have my PS3 set to 1080 when its in the menu and stuff but when I start a game, (for example NBA 2k10 which says on the box it can be played in 1080p) my tv switches to 720. Any suggestions?How do I change my resolution to 1080?
HDTV are fixed resolution displays, you can't change the resolution. If your TV has a native resolution of 720p then it is a 720p TV. If it's native resolution is 1080p then it a 1080p TV.



What might be confusing you is that many 720p can handle a 1080p input signal; it just down coverts the incoming signal to its native 720p resolution.How do I change my resolution to 1080?
If your tv is native resolution 720p, than no matter what you send to it, that's all it can display. You can't change a tv's native resolution.