Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do I see what video card I have and where would I go to upgrade it? Online maybe? ?

Also how do I go about changing the resolution? What isnormal for videos?How do I see what video card I have and where would I go to upgrade it? Online maybe? ?
Right click anywhere on your desktop Properties-Settings-Advanced-Adapter will tell you make and model of your card or the chip set if it's integrated graphics and how much Ram it's has or is using

You can't upgrade the actual card you can only upgrade the drivers ... and if it's working there's not much point in that

It's a laptop som it's almost impossible to upgrade your actual card (if you have one) and Imposible to upgrade if it's integrated ... and videos will adjust themselves ... you can't always get %26quot;full screen%26quot; you'll just have to live with the black band top and bottomHow do I see what video card I have and where would I go to upgrade it? Online maybe? ?
Ok first...to change screen resolution, right click desktop/properties/settings....adjust resolution. To see what video card, two ways...Belarc Advisor here http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

This will tell you more than you need, but great info. Also, start/control panel/system/advanced/device manager. Update driver if possible. Either MS website CUSTOM scan not EXPRESS, or manufacturers VideoCard or PC website support and downloads.