Thursday, June 2, 2011

Resetting resolution on bootup?

I am running Windows XP SP2 and want to know how to reset the resolution on my video card during bootup. I need to do this because the computer was being used at 1920 x 1280, and my monitor's native resolution is at 1024 x 720 ( or around there) so during bootup I see nothing, and cannot use my computer until I am able to change the resolution, anyone have any suggestions as to a specific keystroke that will reset the resolution.Resetting resolution on bootup?
Press F8 at boot up to load the boot menu options.

If you got it right, it should have %26quot;Safe Mode%26quot; at the top.

One of the lower options says %26quot;Enable Safe VGA mode%26quot; or something along those lines.

Choose that option and it should boot your machine in 800x600 graphics mode.