Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Can I change resolution or setting in a digital camera so the output video is something other than AVI?

I have a Samsung Digimax i5 camera... I have in the past used the video option and when downloading to my pc it is uploaded as a MP4 file. Now all of a sudden, I don't know how but the files are now AVI when uploaded.. I am aware that I can convert the files with a converter but I just want to know how or what I did to make this happen? Someone said I changed the resolution on the camera but I tried all the settings and made videos and still the same AVI files are uploading.. But if I use a friends camera the file is mpeg4 when uploaded. (I think I changed a setting on my camera but I am not sure which one.Can I change resolution or setting in a digital camera so the output video is something other than AVI?
Almost all consumer camcorders that record to flash memory and hard disc drive (HDD) record in H.264/MP4, so the camera is probably not the cause of the problem.



Chances are that an import setting in your video editing software (or whatever you use to import the video to the computer) was changed.



If you can't solve the problem, try using a Pinnacle Video Transfer device. http://motionpicturecentral.com/equipmen It will record and move the video in MP4 from your camera to computer, and it can also move the video to your iPhone, iPod, Sony PSP, and a few other devices.