Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I change the resolution on my webcam?

My computer has a built in webcam and to take higher quality videos, I would like to change the resolution. How do I do that?How do I change the resolution on my webcam?
The webcam resolution is fixed, but some software programs allow you to adjust the setting. For example I use Debut for making webcam recordings and I can go under Tools and choose different picture resolutions. If you simply want to get the best resolution possible on a live video chat, then adjusting lighting is the best technique I've found. The article How To Improve Your Webcam Video Quality (link below) provides tips and recommendations on getting the best resolution possible from your webcam.How do I change the resolution on my webcam?
What sort of computer is it?How do I change the resolution on my webcam?
Unfortunately that is not a setting most web cams have. I would need more details about your computer and what brand of webcam but try exploring a little bit around the software. There should be a help section, search it up there. Try these things and maybe you will get some luck!