Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Some games get incorrect resolution on my 1440 x 900 monitor, Seemingly they go to 1600~ x 900 resolution.?

So, I've noticed this problem in playing both Halo 2 Vista and TES4: Oblivion. This is a fairly new computer, Gotta less then a week ago.

It seems that after I change resolution settings on these games, The next time I start the game the resolution is at 1600 x 900 or something. Don't get me wrong, The in-game video settings still say 1440x900 (so does Oblivion.ini in the C:/users/name/documents/my games/oblivion) but the game seems to be running at the wider setting. My monitor can't go past 1440 x 900 in the display settings, But the games don't crash me or anything, They just are partly displayed.(Someone off the screen, Hiding, if you know what I mean.)

Any idea why this happens / How to fix it? (I can temporarily fix it by changing the video settings in halo to something then back to 1440x900, But oblivion requires you to restart the game to change resolution, So that won't work for that =/) (Also, It doesn't matter what resolution I set it at in-game, It goes back to the one near 1600x900.) (Also also, It seems that when I alt tab out of oblivion, if I try to reopen it[via alt tab or clicking the task bar button it gives a oblivion.exe has stopped working, any ideas why?)Some games get incorrect resolution on my 1440 x 900 monitor, Seemingly they go to 1600~ x 900 resolution.?
firstly games are supported and run better on 32bit than 64bit.



as for the resolution, it depends wat size monitor you have. 19%26quot;, 20%26quot;, 21%26quot;? games aren't as well operated on larger screens they sometimes move off to the side abit. as you are using 1440x900 i assume u are using widescreen... well unfortunately it cant be fixed, i have problems with it aswell on my games. i dont think its that bad.jus half a cm off. u can barely notice it.







edit:

go through the settings by using and adjusting the buttons on your monitor, try 1440x900 there if u havent already, because it may be set lower.