Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I fix my computers resolution/video?

I just updated my video cards' driver. The driver is fairly old but still works as if new. It is an Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller running on an Acer TravelMate 4050. After installing the new driver from the intel website and restarting my computer the resolution has changed from it's original (which I believe was 480x600 or something like that) and changed to a more vertically stretched 1024x768. This mode is more than annoying and after trying to change it, it only allows it to change to one other resolution 600x800.Which yet again isn't the one I wish to have.



If anyone has any answers that do not involve removing the driver I would be pleased; as the driver I am currently using allows me to use appropriate graphics for some games. But if no answers can be given on how to fix without uninstalling the driver, I will have to take whatever is offered. Please respond soon, the resolution makes me quite nauseous :SHow do I fix my computers resolution/video?
The driver is not working now anyway, so uninstall it. Go directly to Acer and download the latest driver from their support site. This should resolve the issue. There's usually a reason why Acer support might not have the latest driver.