Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I change the video resolution of my computer?

I have these 4-5 blurred lines going vertically down my monitor, and they come about 15-30 min after starting up my computer. Then, I must shut down and restart about 30 min at least later. Someone told me to try changing the video resolution.



1. How so?

2. How will it help?

3. Do you have any other suggestions if this doesn't work?



THANKS SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!How do I change the video resolution of my computer?
on the desktop right click then properties then settings..How do I change the video resolution of my computer?
I dont think its something to do with Screen Resolution.

here it seems that the problem is with the monitor itself..How do I change the video resolution of my computer?
To change resolution: just right click the desktop and go to properties and then go to advance or display settings if you have vista. put the resolution lower if the screen goes blank for 30 seconds.



In my opinion it's nothing to do with the resolution because the blurred lines are probably the cause of a faulty monitor but, if it did fix it then it doesn't matter.



If anything else don't work try testing the graphics card. go to start menu then go to run then type dxdiag and enter. there you can test the graphic card if it's faulty or something. if anything else i really reckon replace the monitor instead.