Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I make the "Do you want to keep these settings" box from appearing when I change my resolution?

I had figured out how to get the prompt to stop coming up in the past, but apparently updating my video card drivers got rid of that, as now every time I change my resolution Windows asks me if I want to keep the settings, and gives 15 seconds before it automatically changed back to the prior settings. Given that I change my resolution every time I watch any videos(S-Video out to my TV), it gets pretty annoying.. I'm sure a solution is out there, since I had it configured the way I want it before.. thanks :)How do I make the %26quot;Do you want to keep these settings%26quot; box from appearing when I change my resolution?
This reminder is a courtesy and warning. Some users appreciate having to stop and think before hitting the o.k. or %26quot;enter%26quot; button.



If you ever formatted the hard drive in error, and I did years ago on an older PC, you would have great appreciation for the warning.



I think it is built into the system and not yours to eliminate.How do I make the %26quot;Do you want to keep these settings%26quot; box from appearing when I change my resolution?
Your video card driver controls your screen resolution now. I don't think you can do anything about it.