Thursday, September 22, 2011

Age of Empires 3 screen resolution too high?

While in the graphics options in the game, I accidentally set the screen resolution too high. Now on my monitor, I get the message,%26quot;Unsupported Video signal%26quot;. I tried pressing Ctrl+Z to undo it, but it didn't work. So now I can't set the resolution back because when I open the game, I can't see anything. I can go back to the desktop via Windows+D and it's fine, it's just when I go back into the game that I see nothing at all, though I can still hear the game noises.

I would get help from Microsoft but I can't because I have just been on hold for an hour. I tried to get online help but in order to do that I must get the product ID, which is obtained by launching the game and going in the settings to find the ID. There was an option on the Microsoft support site to get help without the ID, but then they want me to pay with a credit card.

How can I change the resolution so that my monitor will not say that it is an unsupported video signal? Keep in mind that I am talking about the in-game resolution and that I can't change it in game because I can't see anything at all, therefore I can't go into the graphics controls and change it.Age of Empires 3 screen resolution too high?
U can try this...



Close the game (if necessary use the task manager and cease the process).



Then right click on the game link and select properties. Find where it says under %26quot;compatibility%26quot; %26quot;run in 640 x 480 screen resolution%26quot; and tick that.



Save out of that and try running the game again. If u can adjust the game resolution, then go back and untick the %26quot;run in 640 x 480 screen resolution%26quot; option.