Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Videos and Games both have black bars on the sides?

Whenever i watch a video or play a game on my laptop it doesn't fill the whole screen and leaves black bars on the sides. On my desktop and in webpages it fills the whole screen, but not in games and videos. I have tried changing screen resolution in the games and on my desktop and i also have reinstalled my drivers and made sure they are up to date. None of these things help. If any one knows why its doing this and how to fix it i would appreciate itVideos and Games both have black bars on the sides?
Games and videos are often sized for a square or a lesser rectangle than the players have. If the black bars were not there then the image would likely be distorted. I have noticed this with You Tube videos. Some other video clips do not have the black lines.