Thursday, September 22, 2011

Screen Resolution issues, PLZ HELP urgentttt ahh please help?

I know this is long but please please help



okay, so yesterday, i noticed a little sticker on my monitor with the spec's of it. %26quot;1280x1024 max res%26quot;. That sounds cool, i thought to myself. The monitor came with the computer, so i assumed my video card would readily comply. So, long story short: I set it to that setting, and it had to restart the computer. So... I restarted the computer. And now, the screen is black. The monitor's plugged in, and correctly hooked up to the computer. I know this because I'm using it on safe mode with networking, and a standard resolution.



SO heres the question:

How do I change my resolution off of safe mode where it would actually stick when I rebooted my computer?

I've tried the traditional way, of going to graphics settings, and then settings, and selecting 1024x768. It said I needed to restart, I did, and the screen was still black. Using the controls on the side of the monitor, I found it it was still in 1280x1024. How can I make it stick in 1024x768????Screen Resolution issues, PLZ HELP urgentttt ahh please help?
Boot into Safe Mode and uninstall your graphics driver in Device Manager. Reboot normally, and on startup you'll be prompted to install it again by the Found New Hardware wizard, but in the meantime the resolution will be forced to 640x480 in the absence of a working driver.
  • migrating existing portal
  • parameter
  •