Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do you get a Mini DVI to Video to work?

My problem is the damn thing isn't working. I bought a new s-video cable to try it out, and I've used the regular yellow A/V cable as well. When I plug the mini-dvi to video adapter into my mac, it changes resolution. But the TV shows nothing.



I have tried restarting it, nothing. I have turned off my TV, nothing. I've even one them both at the same time, NOTHING.



My TV isn't very old, only about 3 years. It is not HDMI or VGA friendly thought, so using this adapter is my only chance.



I'm really trying to figure out what else to do,

ThanksHow do you get a Mini DVI to Video to work?
DVI is usually a digital interface (there is an analog version too); so digital video to analog s-video via just a cable will never work, unless you can configurethe MAC video card to output analog video over DVI. Otherwise You need a color converter in between.



Watching a PC on a SD TV is a horrible experience, so I would not spend any money on it.