Thursday, September 22, 2011

How Do i connect my laptop to my TV with an s-video cable?

I'm having issues with this - i've searched the web and i know how to connect the cable, but alas the image on the tv is 1. black and white only and 2. is not clear at all, it is distorded - kind of like the static you get on channel 45 without cable. I can't see my computer desktop at all.



the tv is old, from the 80's but still has a s-video connection on it. I've tried switching my laptop's display settings, resolution, tried changing everything with my display setting for the tv, nothing works!How Do i connect my laptop to my TV with an s-video cable?
I can't accurately remember, but I think this had to do with the cable you're using. I looked into it when I wanted to do the same a few years back, the plug had to be gold plated I think.



Someone will no doubt correct me and elaborate on what I'm getting at. :)How Do i connect my laptop to my TV with an s-video cable?
Well since the tv is so old it is probably the s-video connection on the tv is bad, but it could also be the video card on the laptop, but I would say its the TV.
  • so thin skinned
  • opening control panel
  •