Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How come I cant get my laptop to output video to a tv?

I have a sony vaio vgn-sz230p and i used a vga to rca adapter but the video shown on the tv is still black and white and 3 split screens on it. sound works fine and i even tried changing the resolution on my laptop before i tried outputing the video. please help me! thanksHow come I cant get my laptop to output video to a tv?
If you are going out through the external VGA port, try pressing Fn (and holding it down) and then press the F4 key at the same time once or twice.



The port will go from laptop display only, to external port only, to both, and then back to laptop only as you continue to pressing this combination. It can take a couple of secondfs to react, so be patience after you press the combination.



This is common amongst the vast majority of laptopsHow come I cant get my laptop to output video to a tv?
I'm not familiar with the Vaio; however, I have used my HP laptop as a DVD player thru a motel TV while away. Assuming you're using XP don't forget to select TV in the display properties screen menu. That should solve your problem.