Thursday, September 22, 2011

How can I change my TV's resolution with a computer?

I hooked my computer to my TV with an s-video cord. I have two displays and it seems to work ok, but I cant see the whole screen. When I maximize a window on the TV I need to scroll sideways and down to see the whole page. It would be nice if could fit properly since i can see it all on a little 17'' screen but on my big old TV i can only see most of it. My computer screen goes up to 1920x1200 but when I try to adjust the TV it only goes up to 1024x768. Any way to make it better? Its a Dell XPS laptop and a Westinghouse LCD HDTV.How can I change my TV%26039;s resolution with a computer?
Change your computers resolution to 1024x768. Or you can try using the %26quot;auto-fit%26quot; option on your TV.How can I change my TV%26039;s resolution with a computer?
You chose just about the ABSOLUTE worst way to connect your computer to an HDTV.



S-video is LOW DEFINITION ONLY. It is garbage left over from the days of old obsolete boob-tube TVs. That is why you can't go above 1024x768 with it.



If you want to be able to display higher resolutions on your HDTV, you need a high-definition connection like DVI-to-HDMI or VGA.