Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Are you smarter than EA GAMES support? Bf2 Problems. I need some help? Help me troubleshoot. 10 points to?

whoever gives me a solution. Here is my problem.



ARE YOU SMARTER THAN EA SUPPORT???



I'll give as much info as possible.



I have a game called Battlefield 2.

It has been working fine up until I changed my video card.

So then I changed the video card back so that I could play the game.

But, only to find it doesnt play.



What It does:

Seems like it is going to load. but the crashes to desktop with no error message.



Running the game in windowed mode gives an error %26quot;Debug assertion failed%26quot; %26quot;Unknown Dynamic Option value 1600x1200@60hz.



What I have tried:

An insane amount of resolution changes.

Uninstalling and re-installing 4 or 5 times.





lol I have a hint for you.

HINT: I was able to succesfully run the game on my 42%26quot; HD 1080p Television. But not on my 22%26quot; not hd monitor.



P.S. My guess is that when I plugged my PC into my television it changed a setting in the game to only run at 1600x1200 and doesnt change back. I dont know how to change it. and my monitor is running 1680x1050.



P.P.S. I really want to play again. I'm tired of useless %26quot;solutions%26quot; from EA. Ive been talking with them for a couple months now and made zero progress.



THANK YOU.



Any further details just ask.Are you smarter than EA GAMES support? Bf2 Problems. I need some help? Help me troubleshoot. 10 points to?
Edit all the video.con files you can find in My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\default and 0001 0002 etc using notepad and changing the line back to VideoSettings.setResolution 800x600@60Hz

If the game starts you can set your resolution ingame or by editing the bf2 shortcut.



If you edited the bf2 shortcut you use to start the game, you will need to delete +szx and +szy from the shortcut target (right click, properties).



If the shortcut is fine, and you have edited the files (there is one in the default folder and one in each 000 folder) and it still doesn't work, delete the battlefield 2 folder in My Documents, you will have to retrieve your account, so make sure you know your email/username and password.

If the game still doesn't start, manual uninstall: http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php and delete any shortcuts on your desktop that are left over.



Then install the game.Are you smarter than EA GAMES support? Bf2 Problems. I need some help? Help me troubleshoot. 10 points to?
Why not hook it up to your tv, change the resolution to a lower resolution, then hook it back up to your computer monitor?