Thursday, September 22, 2011

What is wrong with my video card?

I have an nvidia video card but I don't know which one I have. My computer has been running fine these past few days but all of a sudden the screen just completely changes into weird colors 4-bit and it wont change back even when the windows detects the resolution and color is low and it tries to adjust it. It still doesn't go back to high resolution 64-bit. Whenever I restart the computer the black screen is all in gibberish and there is lines in the screen. What's wrong and how can I fix it, pleaseWhat is wrong with my video card?
If your PC has an onboard video card, remove the card and move the connecter to the VGA port. Reinstall the software from the CD that came with it

Shutdown

reinstall the video card

The driver should pick up automatically