Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do I reposition a fullscreen program?

When I open a game (Fable: Lost Chapters) on my friend's PC, the left side of the window is on the right and vice-versa. There is also a gap in the center of the screen. I've tried changing the resolution for the game, and the driver for the video card is up to date. The video card is fairly new also so i doubt it has to do with this.How do I reposition a fullscreen program?
The only 're-positioning' options you have for a full screen program (mainly a game) is either by adjusting the Video settings for that game within the game options or by adjusting the monitor settings on the monitor itself. Your problem sounds more like a conflict or incompatibility issue between the game (it could be its version, try installing the latest patch for it if available) and the Video card drivers (sometimes the latest drivers is not the best thing! With certain games, I had more luck and less problems using older Nvidia cards with olders drivers than using newest drivers with the same older video cards).