Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do I change display size in Windows Movie Maker?

I have a video clip I'm trying to edit that is 1280 x 720. When I make the edits and try to save, WMM wants to save the new file in 856 x 480 resolution (apparently, it decided that's what was best for my computer). How do I get it to save the file in 1280 x 720? Better still, is there a way to get WMM to just match all the video properties of the original source file?How do I change display size in Windows Movie Maker?
Most people don't realize that WMM is a very basic video editing program. Unfortunately, it can't do what you want it to do (change resolution).



Nor does it include a feature to automatically match video properties from original source files. Now, other $$$ movie making software applications can do that, but WMM can't.



Sorry.