Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do I access the setup to turn my computer to "safe" mode?

I accidently changed the resolution on my monitor too high...and now all I get is %26quot;video is unable to display format%26quot;...and I am blind in a sense. When I restart the computer...the hp screen comes up...which allows me to view the setup...but no where did I see safe mode...which would allow me to view my desktop and change my resolution back. After the hp screen...the microsoft windows xp screen comes up...then just the %26quot;video is unable to be displayed%26quot; shows up again. I know I can change the resolution if I can get into safe mode...but does anyone know how to get to safe mode from the HP menu?How do I access the setup to turn my computer to %26quot;safe%26quot; mode?
Click on START%26gt;RUN%26gt;then type in msconfig%26gt;OK. A window will pop up, click on the BOOT.INI tab. Put a check in the box near SAFE MODE then REBOOT. You will start up in SAFE MODE. Before leaving SAFE MODE do the same but uncheck the SAFE MODE box and RESTART again. Hope this helps.How do I access the setup to turn my computer to %26quot;safe%26quot; mode?
When your computer is starting up, tap the F-8 key, and that will take you into safe mode..Good Luck..How do I access the setup to turn my computer to %26quot;safe%26quot; mode?
hit F8 repeatably when booting up

should (if windows) dump to safe mode